Thursday, June 18, 2009

Serendipity

Serendipity is defined by Wikipedia as "the effect by which one accidentally discovers something fortunate, especially while looking for something else entirely." I believe all of us lead serendipitous lives, we just have different ways of looking at how fortunate we actually are. I am not claiming to be a virtuous person who always sees the good side of things - but I'm trying my best to do so.
(Okay, enough explaining...I actually just LOVE the word "serendipity"!)
I've always loved the movie Serendipity (starring John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale). I guess I've always been a hopeless romantic-believing in soulmates, and that one person is destined to be with you no matter what challenges life brings you. I believe I met my husband through serendipitous circumstances, just when I was not looking for a relationship. But God had other plans, so here we are - newly-married, happy and embracing the adjustment period.
I hope to maintain this blog more faithfully than the ones I had in the past. This blog will be a bubbling pot of my thoughts, ideas, and everything I can suddenly think of and want to write about.
Hopefully I'll be able to express my thoughts in a coherent way :p

No comments:

Post a Comment