Saturday, September 12, 2009

Cabin Fever

It's been a while since I last wrote something on this blog - as I was signing in to my account, a part of me wanted to say "sorry for neglecting you!", as if talking to an old friend. And I do consider this little space on the Web my friend, one who's always there to (virtually) listen to my ramblings. There's no better time to start writing here again, than now...when I'm experiencing a mild case of cabin fever.

Wikipedia defines cabin fever as "an idiomatic term for a claustrophobic reaction that takes place when a person or group is isolated and/or shut in, in a small space, with nothing to do, for an extended period (as in a simple country vacation cottage during a long rain or snow)". Now, I'm not cooped up in a simple country vacation cottage (sounds quaint, right?), but it has been raining almost non-stop for the better part of a week now. I sometimes have the urge to go out of the house, but I really don't have a specific place to go to - and there's really no reason for me to go out. And besides, the bed weather makes me want to just laze around and not move too much. Yet, I still have this restlessness inside me, something that tells me I should be doing something outside the house (exercise, most likely!).

I'm a little surprised I feel this way. About a week ago, my husband and I stayed at my sister's place for a couple of days; after that, I stayed overnight in the hospital with my Mom for her chemo session (hope it'll be the last, God willing). I felt really glad when we finally got home, but after a few days i was itching to go out again. I think it's time to meet up with some of my friends again; this restlessness may be cured by a session of girl-bonding (which I dearly miss, since I started working from home).

Then again, it may just be the cold, dreary weather that's causing me to feel a certain degree of isolation.

Time to put on my pajamas, the book I've been meaning to finish and my bed are calling me...




No comments:

Post a Comment